ZMP Cockpit – News Summary
The demand for fresh table potatoes continues to pick up, the supply remains small this week. Buyers are more willing to compromise when it comes to the look of potatoes. Regional premiums are paid for chilled goods. Polish merchants in Germany, in particular, are once again buying food exports, but demand from the Czech Republic has not yet returned to what it was before Christmas. From the UK,...
- Export demand good
- GB is looking for potatoes in Europe
- Foreseeable excess demand for food
- mild temperatures cause storage problems
- High inventories in the Netherlands
- Warehouse-critical goods continue to enter the market