(AMI) - The impact of the economic crisis in the EU on the existence-threatening low piglet prices in 2018 is becoming increasingly clear. For a long time, the sow farmers introduced widespread economic losses. With a time delay, a number of livestock farmers reacted and reacted with production tasks or a considerable restriction of sow stocks. This was already evident from the livestock census...
- Small offer of slaughter pigs in Germany
- Demand pull in global trade by China
- Warmer temperatures could stimulate grilled meat demand
- General uncertainty of the market due to new cases of ASP
- In the meat trade, prices are under pressure rather than demand