ZMP Cockpit – News Summary
(AMI) - Although biological performance stagnated in the German sow production in the 2016/2017 marketing year, an increase in the number of weaned piglets per sow and year could be achieved again. Accordingly, in the 2018/2019 marketing year, the number increased noticeably for the second time in a row. The entire level approaches the mark of 30 weaned piglets per sow. Compared to the previous...
- Significant demand in global trade by China
- Chinese New Year on January 25, 2020
- Continued high demand for slaughter pigs
- Domestic revenues in the meat trade do not match the high pork prices
- Domestic pork demand is falling faster than production