ZMP Cockpit – News Summary
(AMI) - According to the data analyzed so far for the period from January to June 2019, Germany is the number one pig producer in Europe. At a very close distance Spain follows in second place. While in Germany the number of pig herds and therefore the number of animals slaughtered has fallen, Spain has continued to expand pig farming. Accordingly, in the coming years, Spain should be the first...
- Strong demand from the slaughterhouse
- Significant demand in global trade by China
- Supply of slaughter pigs continues below last year
- The supply of slaughter pigs is steadily increasing, but remains manageable
- In the meat trade higher unit prices can not be implemented