ZMP Cockpit – News Summary
(AMI) - Since the beginning of the year, the number of pigs slaughtered nationwide has been below the levels of the previous year month after month. This has not changed in May. Rather, the level with 22.94 million slaughtered animals was still 3.9% below 2018. In particular, animals of foreign origin came much less frequently on the hook, here the number of slaughterings decreased by almost 9%....
- Germany-wide small supply of slaughter pigs
- Demand pull in global trade by China
- In the meat trade, the unit prices are under heavy pressure
- The holiday season dampens the meat sales inland
- The delivery stop in the Philippines is putting a strain on foreign trade