ZMP Cockpit – News Summary
The Belgian potato producers made every effort this week to drive the harvest as fast as possible. At the beginning of this week about 10% of the potato stocks were not cleared, the dry days were used to get as many tubers out of the ground. Rain showers are reported for the coming days. The announced rainfall should at least not be as strong. This could slow down the progress of the harvest....
- High exports to Eastern Europe and Mediterranean countries are reducing supply here
- Heavy soils in the UK delay the harvest
- Potato crops in the US are threatened by early frost
- Futures exchange EEX shows only low turnover
- Volume increase could later on the market