The AHDB (Agriculture and Horticulture Board) warned the country's potato exporters this week about the immediate consequences of a no-deal Brexit. In such a scenario, from 11:00 pm on 29 March, no potatoes will be allowed to be brought into the European Union for the time being. The EU Commission had informed the association on request that it would treat Britain as a third country without a...
- French and British stocks are very low
- Belgium in particular suffers from raw material shortages
- British exports may fail in hard Brexit
- Dutch industry is well supplied
- Potato index is going back